Alkaline Batteries

Lots of things to consider when using batteries. What Size do you need? How can you recharge them? What is a 'Solar' or 'Marine' battery and much more.
Readymom
Site Admin

Alkaline Batteries

Post by Readymom »

How To Recharge Alkaline Batteries
https://www.askaprepper.com/how-to-recharge-alkaline-batteries/

The most common batteries on the market for small electronic devices are alkaline batteries.

(SNIP) ... alkaline batteries have another feature, which makes them even more attractive from a prepping and survival point of view; they have a very slow shelf discharge rate, making it possible to store them for long periods of time without them losing their charge. In fact, the major manufacturers of these batteries are now saying that they have an incredible ten-year shelf life.

The one drawback alkaline batteries have always had is that they have not been considered to be rechargeable batteries. All my life I’ve heard that they can’t be recharged. While there are now some “rechargeable alkaline” batteries on the market, their cost is high and they can only be recharged a limited number of times, unlike Ni-Cd or Li-Ion batteries. ---CONTINUED---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Alkaline Batteries

Post by Readymom »

Rescuing And Restoring Almost Dead Lead-Acid Batteries
https://www.askaprepper.com/rescuing-and-restoring-almost-dead-lead-acid-batteries/

Most batteries in cars, trucks, motorcycles, and boats, as well as solar electric back-up systems, continue to be the lead-acid batteries. You all know them. They can last a very long time, if they are cared for properly. That means:

They must be kept at full charge
They must be watered regularly (if not the sealed type)
Their terminals/posts must be kept free of corrosion.

But I am sure almost all of us have mistreated them at one time or another.

From a prepper’s point of view, you need to know about batteries well enough to have them available and fully charged in an emergency. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Batteries”