It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Staying Cool-Solutions and Ideas When There is NO Power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:35 pm 
Site Admin

Staying Cool-Solutions and Ideas When There is NO Power

Keeping Cool without Power
http://www.prep-blog.com/2012/07/18/keeping-cool-without-power/

Image One of the more common scenarios considered by various prepping and survival blogs is how to cope with an extended power outage. The problems that arise from a lack of electrical power are many: heating, lighting, cooking, powering various devices like cellphones, laptops, etc. But one problem not often considered is how to keep cool in the summer, if there is no power. Even if you are so well-prepared for every disaster that you have a source of off-grid electrical power, you probably still do not have enough power to cool your house with air conditioning. So what types of low-tech and relatively inexpensive options are available for home cooling without electricity?

I was at a loss as to how to address this issue, until I --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Staying Cool-Solutions and Ideas When There is NO Power
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Keeping Cool When There is NO Power

Brainstorming Extreme Methods to Keep Cool
http://rethinksurvival.com/posts/brains ... keep-cool/

Image Given the ridiculous heat wave most of us are experiencing right now, it’s no wonder everyone is trying to figure out how to keep cool. The real question is: what would we do if the power went out right now and there’s no end in sight to the relentless heat?

After reading this post on Keeping Cool Without Power at Prep-Blog.com, I began wondering to myself “what can I possibly do to keep my family cool if the power went out in heat like this?” I’m not talking about awnings or window tint. Not at all!

Now, I’m not saying any of these ideas will work or are even a good idea whatsoever. It’s just brainstorming… --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Staying Cool-Solutions and Ideas When There is NO Power
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:10 am 
Site Admin

Keeping Cool-Ideas

10 ways to keep cool at home without A/C
http://shine.yahoo.com/green/10-ways-to-keep-cool-at-home-without-a-c-2514394.html

Image Save energy this summer. It's easy to keep your house cool without air conditioning. Employing a few basic environmentally friendly principals will help keep you cool and will help you save money. ---CONTINUED at LINK, above ---

Offline Profile