Diapers

Babies may be small ... but they come with large demands. There's a lot to consider to care for them, in an emergency situation. Before their birth, pregnant moms have a lot to consider in advanced preparations.
Readymom
Site Admin

Diapers

Post by Readymom »

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/sanitationhygiene/

If you have a baby in your home, you may find diaper laundering a problem under emergency conditions. It is best to keep an ample supply of disposable diapers on hand for emergency use. Or, any moisture resistant material can be cut and folded to diaper size and lined with absorbent material.
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Diapers

Post by Readymom »

Make Your Own Diapers

Sewing and using cloth diapers is easier than you think
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/tuttle113.html

By Annie Tuttle

Image 'll admit that it was the pastoral vision of a laundry line full of sun-bleached diapers above barefooted, rosy-cheeked, milk-fattened babies that first drew my attention toward cloth diapers. The idea of replacing an expensive disposable "necessity"—most babies will use an average of 5000 diapers —with a much cheaper reusable version appealed to my frugal nature, too.

-snip-

How many diapers you start with is completely dependent on how often you want to wash your diapers. We started off with two dozen diapers when our daughter was born, but if I had to do it again I'd start with at least three dozen for a newborn. I had to wash a load of diapers every single day, or risk running out. As your baby gets older he'll use fewer diapers each day, but it's still nice to have enough so you can go a day or two without washing. --- Continued at link, above ---

Includes:
  • What are they made of?
    Using recycled fabric
    Fasteners
    Washing diapers
    Washing trouble
    Using the pattern
    A basic fitted diaper
    Diaper doublers
    Make a diaper cover
    Diaper wipes
    More information