Bicycle Trailer-Home-made

Gas is at a minimum or not available. You need to 'get around', get water, wood, other supplies. How do you do it? How do you maintain 'alternate transporation'?
Readymom
Site Admin

Bicycle Trailer-Home-made

Post by Readymom »

Bicycle Trailer-Directions to make one

Image Hat Tip to "Inventor" over at SurvivalistBoards.com

Extremely cheap bike trailer made from an old bike
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=179945

I've wanted a bike trailer for a while and could never justify the expense so i decided to build my own using found materials. Provided you have access to basic tools and own or know someone who ownes a welder then you can make this trailer practically for free. I've learned that i am a VERY rusty welder when it comes to arc welding and as such my welds are VERY shoddy. the biggest problem was attaching the base which i scored from the trash but since i was too lazy to weld it or drill holes for bolts i just stuck it on with tie wraps (will probably fix it up a bit later). The mount could do with a bit of adjustment since it's probably the weakest point and tends to unbolt my rear wheel so any feedback would be helpfull. i've taken it for a dry run for about 5km on varying ground but i will take it for a loaded run soon once i get the mount fixed up. Anyway here's the photos as well as a simple diagram to show how i did it --- CONTINUED at link, above, with PHOTOS and DIRECTIONS ---

Return to “Transportation-Getting Around or NO cars!”