Wireless Motion Detectors

Ideas on keeping your home safe. The possibiity of 'civil unrest' is always there, in extreme situations. Some ideas to help you through this are found here.
Readymom
Site Admin

Wireless Motion Detectors

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by (Spoon) at PlanforPandemic
http://planforpandemic.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Surround (the) house with four battery-operated, wireless motion detectors. If the outdoor sensor detects movement, the pager chimes and flashes (Red LEDs).

ImageThese little guys are super-sensitive. I recommend using tin foil to narrow the beam and minimize false alarms. For now, you can stick one in your mailbox, if it's within 400', as a delivery alert.

You can find a number of suppliers... just run a search for 'Driveway Patrol.' They run about $14 each.
Readymom
Site Admin

Neighborhood Support, Cooperation & Organization

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by (bamasteve) at PlanforPandemic
http://planforpandemic.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Almost as good - is having neighbors that you can count on to come to your house, with agreement for same if they need you. Not exactly a neighborhood patrol, but a rapid reaction force of sorts. If you know one person near you that you can count on this could turn things around when you need it. Typically a 3rd party overtly turning up at your place would serve as a deterent. If not then use force. I am not sure of overt or clandestine aid in a case like this. Each should make their own choice. Overt you lose the surprise but overt if it works could save lives.
:arrow: (retiredcopper), PlanforPandemic
I think your idea of organizing with your neighbors to help one another is a good one. However in my mind I often wondered how you would notify your neighbors that you needed help if someone was kicking down your door. Who's going to have the calm presence of mind to get on the phone when someones kicking down your door and you're in iminent danger?

My solution was the car alarm
.......and most newer cars have them where they can be activated by remote - mine even goes off from inside the house. I figure if I see trouble coming, I hit the alarm. Not only is the alarm going to notify my neighbors I need help, but hopefully the noise will be enough to momentarily distract the thugs - maybe long enough for a little help to arrive or for you to get properly armed.

Of course if you're going to organize with your neighbors a mutual protection plan, then you have to be willing to go to their aid should trouble befall them.

Return to “Security & Safety”