Safety When Traveling

Ideas on keeping your home safe. The possibiity of 'civil unrest' is always there, in extreme situations. Some ideas to help you through this are found here.
Readymom
Site Admin

Safety When Traveling

Post by Readymom »

Coach David Alexander

When you go away, you leave all the preparations you are making at home ... AT HOME! What do you do, how do you prepare to leave home and still be able to get through an emergency situation? Some solutions may be in this thread.

Have You Reverted to Being a Sheeple When You Vacation?
https://coachdavidalexander.wordpress.com/tag/friday-harbor-self-defense/

We, as preppers, tend to pride ourselves on being aware and prepared individuals. We don’t like to be as herd animals are and given the answer without question. The thing is that this is basically what happens to you when you go on vacation. Think about it for a moment… were you really in charge the last time you were on vacation, or was the hotel, the amusement park, the locals? You’re in their world buddy, not yours.

Obviously, it’s just natural that I’m more prepared for emergencies at home; I would suspect that you are as well. After all, this is where most of our supplies, gear, food, and plans are. It follows, therefore, that you will be less prepared for an emergency when you are away from home, such as at the office, in the car, when travelling for business, and especially on vacation.

Vacations, in my humble opinion, are a very specific concern for three primary reasons: (1) you’re likely to have a bare minimum of emergency supplies with you–if any at all, (2) your fire safety and personal security may be sub-par (or even non-existent), and (3) your situation-awareness radar is probably turned off because when you’re on vacation you’re there to relax. --- CONTINUED at LINK, above ---
Readymom
Site Admin

How to Stay Safe on Vacation, Away From Home

Post by Readymom »

Printable Tip sheet here, by the NFPA (National Fire Protection Association)

Hotel & Motel Safety
https://www.nfpa.org/-/media/Files/Public-Education/Resources/Safety-tip-sheets/HotelMotelSafety.ashx

Return to “Security & Safety”