Showers

Trying to continue regular hygiene habits when supplies are limited my get difficult. Suggestions found here include: Toilet Paper, Showers, Shaving, Bathing, Hand Sanitizer, Hair Care, Soaps and much more!
Readymom
Site Admin

How to Build a Temporary Privacy,Shower or Potty Shelter

Post by Readymom »

Privacy Shelter: Building Temporary one

"To construct an expedient privacy shelter for either a toliet or a shower :
1. Stack 2 building blocks on top of each other so the open hole faces the sky.
2. Insert a 2 x 4 into the holes
3. Attach a tarp to the 2 x 4 with nails or clamps."
If you add an additional set of elevated 2 x 4 in the middle for the roof (so rain will drain on either side) you have a temporary shelter superior to mosts tents for cheap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Showers: Building Temporary one

"You can place this in the garage or outside. If you use this outside, here is a cheap expedient privacy shelter:

1. Buy 8 standard cement blocks with 2 square holes in the center.

2. Buy Four 2 x 4s.

3. Stack 2 cement blocks with the holes facing the sky.

4. Insert the 2 x 4s into the holes in the cement blocks."
"5. Attach waterproof tarp to the erect 2 x 4 with nails or preferably clamps which do not penetrate the tarp.

You can also bury the 2 x 4 into the ground and eliminate the blocks, but this works well if you are having to install this in your driveway or over cement.

This shelter also works well for outside showers."
Readymom
Site Admin

Showers

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by (EnoughAlready) at PandemicFLuInformation

Solar Showers
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.

Solar showers: I bought one of those $6 things at WalMart. Surely there's some way to improvise. That thing is little, etc. Any ideas on how to build a bigger, better mousetrap! (solar shower) Thanks!

:arrow: (silversage)
Did you ever read "Lights Out"? Someone posted the link on the fluwiki a couple of months ago. They used dark barrels set up high on the back of a shed to warm the water and use for showers.

:arrow: (KimT) Way back at the ole fw, some one came up with an awesome idea of using sprayers like for bugs or whatever but new-never been used of course, paint them black, fill with water and set in the sun, they hold more then the solar showers even tho I have one of those too and you get more pressure. I bought several for just that reason. In the winter you could just add hot water.

:arrow: (Kumerakid)
My family have always just used a common garden hose coiled on the roof at our beach place. It will allow 2 people a hot shower in summer, and only takes a couple of hours to heat water for another two. It is just connected to a garden tap. A header tank could always be substituted for a garden tap in the event of a utility failure. Now the winter would be a different story altogether.

:arrow: (EnoughAlready)
I really like the hose idea! Attach my sprinkler wand and it's a shower dangling off the roof! Or off a nearby pole! I like this idea!!
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: How to Build a Temporary Privacy,Shower or Potty Shelter

Post by Readymom »

HOW TO: Build a Shower

Adventures in Self Reliance

Emergency or Camping Shower
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2008/12/emergency-or-camping-shower.html

Here's a great way to clean up in the woods--the Camp Shower. If you're like me, a couple of days without a shower starts affecting my mood and there's only so many ways to wash up in the woods most of which are a pain in the neck and use lots of water. One year while camping, there was a guy camped near us that had one of these and my crafty mother looked it over and made one for herself, then this year made one for each of her kids for Christmas. I know, you want my mom, but you can't have her! She's mine!
Anyway, here it is:Image --- INSTRUCTIONS at link, above ---
Readymom
Site Admin

Home-Made Shower

Post by Readymom »

Image Hat Tip to Alaska Rose over at American Preppers Network for this good idea!

5 Gallon Bucket Shower
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.

If you have access to plastic water pipe and screw on fittings, you can make a pretty good portable shower out of a 5 gallon bucket, some hose and a handheld spray nozzle for the garden hose. Drill a hole as close to the bottom of the bucket as you can and still attach the screw in fittings. Put one on the outside of the bucket that you can screw a regular garden hose into. If yo can find one of the handheld shower heads with an on/off button, that works well also. The main reason for the on/off capability is to conserve water. Fill the bucket with warm water and hang it, get wet, shut off the water, lather up and rinse.
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Home-Made Shower

Post by Readymom »

Home-Made Shower Rod-Curtain Rod

Shower Curtain Rod

:arrow: pelenaka

BTW a hula hoop makes a great shower curtain rod
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Home-Made Shower

Post by Readymom »

Temporary Shower-In Your Bathroom

:arrow: islandchik

One year, we had a water pipe burst so I took my trusty solar camp shower (black bag) and added hot water heated on the stove. I hung this from the shower head over the bathtub and voila!
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Solar Showers

Post by Readymom »

Best Camping Shower Bags Comparison, Plus Outdoor Shower Tips
https://commonsensehome.com/best-camping-shower-bags/

(SNIP) ... So, what is a camping shower bag you might ask? Basically, the solar shower/camping shower bags are a plastic bladder with a shower hose attached. You lay the shower bag in the sun to heat up the water, then hang it and stand under the bag to shower. Do they really work? The answer is, YES! They really work. ---CONTINUED---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Showers

Post by Readymom »

Samoa Hostel Thermosyphon Solar Shower System
http://www.appropedia.org/Samoa_Hostel_Thermosyphon_Solar_Shower_System

Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Camping Shower!
https://www.instructables.com/id/Camping-Shower-1/

This is a very simple solar-heated portable shower unit to take camping. There is no privacy shade, just simply the water delivery aspect.

You will need: ---CONTINUED at LINK---
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Image"rick1", over at EHP-D:

This is (similar) the hot water shower system my son in law built. The only difference is he used 4" PVC pipe, 5 gallon buckets and a solar pump. Not hard to make. The most expensive part is the solar pump.

Automated Solar Hot Water Power Shower Using Black Plastic Pipes
https://www.instructables.com/id/Automated-Solar-Hot-Water-Power-Shower-Using-Black/

Black ABS 50mm pipes filled with water are arranged in a herring bone pattern on a roof to pick up heat from the sun for a nice warm shower. The features of this design are as follows: ---CONTINUED---
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Camp Shower from Five Gallon Bucket
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BettCr9futc

We show you our camp shower made from a five gallon bucket.

Return to “Hygiene-Personal Hygiene”