Coleman Fuel (White Gas)

Fuels include Charcoal, wood, propane, cow dung and more!
Readymom
Site Admin

Coleman Fuel (White Gas)

Post by Readymom »

How Much Coleman Fuel Do I Need?
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/alternative-energy/how-much-coleman-fuel-do-i-need/

Ever wondered how much Coleman camp stove fuel (Coleman® Fuel – white gas, or propane) that you would consume or use under certain conditions?

Many of us have one of these stoves, the brand name of which has been around for decades and is considered to be of good quality. I thought it would be helpful to calculate and list the following Coleman camp stove fuel consumption estimations which will help you decide how much fuel you may wish to stock up on, based on your own needs.

I determined the consumption values based on the Coleman website per-hour usage for their Two-Burner camp stoves (Coleman® Fuel and Propane). ---CONTINUED at LINK---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Coleman Fuel (White Gas)

Post by Readymom »

Reference

What Is White Gas?
https://www.reference.com/science/white-gas-1689d70a45549718

White gas is the generic name for Coleman fuel or naphtha. It is a flammable gas commonly used as camp-stove and lantern fuel due to its refined purity and high heat output. White gas can also refer to pure gasoline or undyed gasoline.

Coleman fuel was originally developed in the early 1950s and used as small-motor fuel for lawnmowers and outboard motors and as an industrial cleaning agent. Its popularity as a motor fuel declined in the late 1950s with the advent of more effective fuel technologies. It has, however, remained the preferred camping-stove fuel choice.

It is a petroleum product that can be made from natural gas or distilled from oil, coal tar or peat with other chemicals mixed in, including cyclohexane, nonane, octane, heptane and pentane. It is almost as flammable as gasoline. Aside from the variety commonly known as Coleman fuel, various other forms of naphtha exist, including coal-tar naphtha, shale naphtha and petroleum naphtha. All these are volatile, highly flammable liquid-hydrocarbon mixtures.

The name naphtha was first used to refer to volatile petroleum issuing from the ground in the Baku district of Azerbaijan and Iran. Ancient alchemists used the word naphtha to refer to various liquids of low boiling point.

Return to “Fuels-Types of”