Alternate Phone Ideas

Telecommunications systems could be overwhelmed and we could loose use of telephones and internet. If Power goes down for extended periods of time, cordless phones would be useless. And just what do you do with any mail that might come through? Can you touch it? Is it safe? How do you work around internet concerns? Look here for help.
Readymom
Site Admin

Alternate Phone Ideas

Post by Readymom »

Landline telephones - keep one in your main living area and another in your sleeping area, in case of an emergency.

Solar Cell Phone chargers
Crank Cell Phone chargers (some are found on crank-radio combinations)
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by Corky52, PlanforPandemic
http://planforpandemic.com/viewtopic.php?t=2602

Do you have at least one telephone in the house that needs neither batteries nor line power to work???

The telephone system has it's own power sources that will keep it working for a while during power losses, in the case of rolling blackouts of the electrical grid most telephone systems will still be up and working, if you have a phone that doesn't need line power. Battery powered phones will work with phone system till the batteries run out, but a cheap phone that has no batteries or wall worts is a good investment! True no speed dial nor caller ID, but it will be an emergency and I think you can live without those, just a simple phone and a list of those numbers you normally have on speed dial, will give you at least a mall safety factor!
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Alternate Phone Ideas

Post by Readymom »

9 Reasons Every Prepper Needs A Landline Phone
https://urbansurvivalsite.com/reasons-every-prepper-needs-a-landline-phone/

Following a Disaster, a Landline Phone is Often More Reliable Than a Cell Phone.

(SNIP) ... I pay a lot for my cell phone service so why should I pay for a landline that never rings anymore? That makes sense, especially if your finances are tight, but the old landline phones may be one of your best bets for communication in a disaster. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Communications-Phones-Mail-Internet”