Home Heating in an Emergency: Mr. Buddy Heaters

Information to help when your home heating system is inoperative for hours or days. Plus other helpful Winter topics.
Readymom
Site Admin

Home Heating in an Emergency: Mr. Buddy Heaters

Post by Readymom »

ImageMr. Heater Portable Buddy Indoor/Outdoor Heater — Model# MH9BPortable Buddy Heater is Safe for Indoor and Outdoor Use! From power outages to garages, camp sites to tents, the Portable Buddy™ lets you stay warm anywhere. Light, easy-to-carry heater warms up to 200 square feet while remaining quiet and odor-free. 4000 and 9000 BTU settings give up to 108 hours of use. Automatic low-oxygen shut off system. 14in. L x 7in. W x 14in. H. Uses 1-lb. or 20-lb. propane cylinder(not included) with optional hose connection. Do not use 20-lb. propane cylinder indoors.

Specs:Valve position: pilot, lo and hi
Operating position: vertical
Ceramic grid
O.D.S. pilot spark ignitor
Run time on 1-lb. cylinder: 3 hours on high, 6 hours on low
Built-in regulator
Not recommended for operation in altitudes of 5,000 ft. or above
For 20-lb. tank, order item#'s 173645 or 173646 hose connectors separately
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted at PandemicFluInformation
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.

:arrow: (Pixie) Hillbilly Bill, which propane space heater did you select and how long do you expect a one pound canister to last?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... 577_211577

:arrow: (HillBilly Bill) I got the regular Mr. Buddy, (not the Big Buddy), it has two settings, 4,000 BTU and 9,000 BTU. A one pound canister will last 6 hours at the low setting and 3 hours at the high setting. A 20lb tank will last 110 and 48 hours respectively. The manual states it will heat up to 200 sq. ft. Our living room is bigger than that and this past winter when we had a natural gas outage it kept that room decently warm.
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Home Heating in an Emergency: Mr. Buddy Heaters

Post by Readymom »

‘Mr. Heater Buddy’ for Winter Survival Preparedness
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/weather-preparedness/buddy-heater-for-winter-survival-preparedness/

I believe that this is perhaps the best indoor portable propane heater for emergency preparedness heating.

During the approaching winter, I always reevaluate my emergency backup heat sources for my home. I run through the scenario of a power outage, especially one that might last longer than just a few hours.

Why? To be sure that I have adequate sources of backup heat for keeping warm – other than my main source of home heating.

One product that I discovered (and purchased) is the ‘Mr. Heater Buddy’ ---CONTINUED at LINK---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Home Heating in an Emergency: Mr. Buddy Heaters

Post by Readymom »

Do Battery Powered Space Heaters or Emergency Heaters Exist?
https://commonsensehome.com/battery-powered-heater/

(SNIP)...Good News: There are some options available you might not know about. You can buy safe indoor propane heaters.

There are a number of safe indoor propane heaters. Both of the units below are California compliant. If you stock a number of the propane tanks or have a larger external one you can provide relatively safe emergency backup heat. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Heat & Winter”