Hydrogen Peroxide-So Many Uses!

Lots of Lists to choose from in here including items such as paper goods, cleaners, emergency lighting, cooking, tools and much much more! Read them over, combine items from the various lists to make it just right for your particular family or group. There are a lot of good ideas here from a variety of sources.
Readymom
Site Admin

Hydrogen Peroxide-So Many Uses!

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by (debtrag) at PlanforPandemic

* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.

I received this in an e-mail and thought that I would pass this info on. If anyone knows of any danger or reason why some of these uses would not be advised please post and let everyone know, otherwise I will assume that this is a pretty useful product. I do remember my grandfather gargling with peroxide and water when we were kids, not sure if is was/wasn't healthy for him though.

PEROXIDE IS WONDERFUL!
"I would like to tell you of the benefits of t hat plain little old bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars."

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do
it when I bathe) No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash. (Small print says mouth wash and gargle right on the bottle)

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of "Peroxide" to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you
wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxde for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, or plugged sinuses. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary.

14. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, and there is no smearing which is why I love it so much for this.

I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner.

:arrow: (Hope4Us)
A few drops of peroxide in your ear, lay on your side for a bit (watch out the foaming gives quite a tickling sensation). I prefer then torinse out the ear with a few drops of water afterwards. Although I have read that you really shouldn't do that because of bacteria in a wet ear, that you should use rubbing alcohol (don't quote me on that). But, I prefer the water, never had a prob. with that. This process helps loosen up ear wax. Also, I read somewhere that some people did this when they feel an illness coming on, said it prevented them from getting it...? Not all sure on that one though.

:arrow: (Cat)
#13 is a good one to teach your daughters when they need to clean up from those sometimes "accidents" each month. Rinse and soap-scrub in cold water, then pour peroxide on any remaining spots. Let it set til stains are gone, then soap-scrub again and wash as usual.

For full discussion, go to * Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Same List is circulating, but with some additions at the end, now :wink: (additions noted in blue)

Original Post:
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.
Snowhound1 wrote:I got this in an email the other day. I haven't "verifed" if all of the applications are true, but I have always touted the benefits of hydrogen peroxide and it is part of my basic preps.

Who knew? Hydrogen peroxide – it’s not just for making your hair orange anymore!!

The following was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (a doctor's wife);

"I would like to tell you of the benefits of that plain little ol' bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store.

My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, and most doctors don't tell you about peroxide, or they would lose thousands of dollars.

1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe or shower.) No more canker sores and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes. Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters, table tops with peroxide to kill germs and leave a fresh smell. Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years - until I sprayed a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them (especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Put two capfuls into a douche to prevent yeast infections. I had chronic yeast infections until I tried this once or twice a week.

8. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without harming your septic system like bleach or most other disinfectants will.

9. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

10. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day. The pain will lessen greatly.

11. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through. You will not have the peroxide burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages, but more natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, faddish, or dirty blonde. It also lightens gradually so it's not a drastic change.

12. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help rid boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

13. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in your laundry to whiten them. If there is blood on clothing, pour directly on the soiled spot. Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water. Repeat if necessary. I could go on and on. It is a little brown bottle no home should be without! With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's away to save tons of money in such a simple, healthy manner!"

14. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors with, there is no smearing, which is why I love it so much for this.

Hydrogen Peroxide is described as an effective anti-viral, antibacterial, and anti-fungal, and can be used for anthrax decontamination. This sort of supports the effectiveness of hydrogen peroxide, don't you think?

Also: your body makes hydrogen peroxide to fight infection which must be present for our immune system to function correctly. White blood cells are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide as the first line of defense against toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses and yeast.

Simply put, it is the oxygenation of the body. Sickness and tumors are generally oxygen-hating growths which thrive in oxygen-poor bodies.

15. Gargle with hydrogen peroxide, put drops in the ear and nose to end colds, flu, chronic sinusitis (including polyps], and infections. If you already have a cold, put a few drops in your ear, hold your head to the side for a few minutes and repeat on the other side. Your cold symptoms will be lessened or disappear.

16. Use as a vegetable wash or soak to kill bacteria and neutralize chemicals.

17. Disinfect your dishwasher or refrigerator.

18. Use it on trees and plants as a natural fungicide, insecticide, and as a weed killer.

19. Clean with hydrogen peroxide when your house becomes a biohazard after its invaded by toxic mold, such as those with water damage
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Original Post:

:?:
radalyn wrote:The list of uses for hydrogen peroxide is great, and I printed it out. One thing....didn't I learn here that hp shouldn't be put on a cut - that it eats away at the good skin bordering the cut?
:arrow:
Alfie the Wombat wrote:
I found this:
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/h/ ... roxide.htm

Who knows how reliable anything is on the internet anymore!
The Many Uses of Hydrogen Peroxide-Truth! Fiction! & Unproven!

Summary of the eRumor:
This eRumor lists a number of different uses for hydrogen peroxide from using it as mouthwash to its alleged value for cleaning sinks. (The full text of the eRumor is at the bottom of this page.)

The Truth:
Hydrogen peroxide's chemical representation is H2O2. It has uses in industry in it's purest form but the product available to most of us over-the-counter is usually only 3% hydrogen peroxide and 97% water. It breaks down quickly when exposed to light so it generally comes in brown bottles that filter out the sun's rays. It is known for its antibacterial qualities. The pure stuff is dangerous if not used correctly. There are also 30%-35% high strength solutions on the commercial market, typically found in health food stores but also sold as a disinfectant.

There has been continuing controversy over using hydrogen peroxide either orally or through injection to treat a variety of internal ailments including arthritis and cancer. Proponents say that the oxygen released by the breakdown of the hydrogen peroxide is medicinal. Opponents say there isn't good evidence of the health benefits and that there are circumstances in which hydrogen peroxide can be dangerous. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved those high strength hydrogen peroxide products for use internally and considers them dangerous. In July, 2006, the FDA issued a warning about the high strength hydrogen peroxides, saying they could lead to serious health risks and even death. A warning from the BC Cancer Agency in Canada said that over a three year period 6 children were seriously poisoned and one died from drinking the high strength hydrogen peroxide. They report one near-fatal case of an adult ingesting high strength hydrogen peroxide.

Let's go through the claims of the eRumor one at a time: (Continued at link above ... https://www.truthorfiction.com/hydrogen-peroxide/
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Original Post:
http://www.singtomeohmuse.com/viewtopic ... start=4125
Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:55 pm
cactus wrote:Nurses use HP to quickly get out blood before it sets into clothes. Works a charm. :wink:
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide-So Many Uses!

Post by Readymom »

Hydrogen Peroxide-Uses of

36 Survival Uses For Hydrogen Peroxide
https://www.askaprepper.com/36-survival-uses-hydrogen-peroxide/

Chances are, you’ve got a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in your medicine cabinet or first aid kit, or maybe even with your cleaning supplies. This common household item is also known by it’s chemical representation H202, and it is typically found in pharmacies and supermarkets in the pharmacy area. It’s commonly found in homes because it has several different applications, and it’s quite safe and effective compared to many other products that fulfill the same purposes. If you don’t currently have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide handy, here are a few reasons you might consider grabbing some at the next available opportunity. .... CONTINUED at LINK, above ...

Includes:
  • Health Applications
  • In the Bathroom
  • Kitchen Uses for H202
  • Personal Use
  • Other Household Uses
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Hydrogen Peroxide-So Many Uses!

Post by Readymom »

got peroxide? (Clorox vs. Peroxide)
http://asurvivalplan.com/2011/12/23/got-peroxide-clorox-vs-peroxide/

Clorox vs Peroxide: This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana (….a doctor’s wife). She was over recently for coffee and smelled the bleach I was using to clean my toilet and counter tops. This is what she told me.

I would like to tell you of the benefits of that Plain little ol’ bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “General Items”