Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

Summaries of Taste Tests made on Freeze Dried, Dehydrated or other store-bought long-term foods. Many thanks to all the folks who dipped into their long-term food storage to try these foods and post the results!
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

Mountain House for Dinner: Review of Wraps and Macaroni and Cheese
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/08/mountain-house-for-dinner-review-of.html

Image The folks at Mountain House sent me some samples of their freeze dried meals to try, and really I was pretty excited. I've had some Mountain House before and actually had compared it to a couple of other brands of "backpacker" foods and for flavor and texture, the Mountain House was my favorite.

So in order to give these samples the true test, we took them camping instead of eating them in the kitchen. We had a Macaroni and Cheese double serving entree and one of the new Mountain House Barbeque Sauce with Beef Wraps that you can put on a tortilla or a bun or just eat plain if you want once it's reconstituted. --- continued at link, above ---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Food-Product Review-Mountain House Freeze Dried Items

Post by Readymom »

Mountain House for Breakfast: Breakfast Skillet Wrap Review
http://selfrelianceadventures.blogspot.com/2010/08/mountain-house-for-breakfast-breakfast.html

Image Remember Monday's post on our Mountain House dinner? Well, the next morning we had freeze dried Mountain House breakfast that the sweet folks at Mountain House sent us to sample. The kids wanted oatmeal, so we heated up water for mom and dad's Mountain House Breakfast Skillet Wrap and for the kids' oatmeal and for the dishes and washing up. All in the same pot. --- continued at link, above ---

Return to “Food: Taste Tests”