How to Prep For a Quarantine

Isolation of households ... 'SIP' (Sheltering In Place) ... Quarentine ... they all mean the same thing: STAY PUT.
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

How to Prep for a Quarantine

https://preparednessadvice.com/how-to-prep-for-a-quarantine/

All too often, the world is shaken by a new flu bug or the resurgence of an old one. This article caught my eye, as it’s about a mutated version of avian flu H7N2 that was transmitted from a cat to a human, quite a rare occurrence. I also have a long enough memory to recall the Ebola panic just a couple of years ago and shaking my head at the incompetence and poor decision making by those in authority, including the CDC.

The history of Ebola, as detailed in this book, is helpful to know and understand how a deadly virus originates, mutates, and spreads.

With an eye on the future and knowing a little about how quickly certain viruses can spread, I have put into place a number of preps that would see my family through the duration of a widespread outbreak, ---CONTINUED---
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: How to Prep For a Quarantine

Post by Readymom »

Quarantine Coping Tips

Quarantine at home - coping tips
https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/quarantine-at-home-coping-tips

Quarantining yourself at home means staying at home and avoiding contact with others if you have developed, or been exposed to, an infectious disease, until the infectious period of the illness is over, or until you know that you have not contracted an illness to which you have been exposed. Quarantine helps to slow the spread of infection across a population.

These coping tips are listed as a guide only. More disease-specific details will be provided by your doctor.

You may be asked to stay at home until at least seven days after the onset of symptoms or after you were first exposed to someone with the disease. Your doctor will tell you exactly when your quarantine can safely end. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
  • Have a home quarantine plan in place
    Family quarantine at home
    Using facemasks in quarantine
    Keeping spirits up in quarantine at home
    Reducing boredom while in quarantine at home
    Where to get help
    Things to remember
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: How to Prep For a Quarantine

Post by Readymom »

Food To Survive Pandemic During Quarantine | At Least 90 Days
https://modernsurvivalblog.com/survival-kitchen/pandemic-survival-how-much-food/?fbclid=IwAR0aNHHQCuswOA8yRFtZrKNv-LzS0ReMNpVzzGXQEEA77uqZFL6rtKJAPa0

It’s common sense. To self-isolate from a pandemic, you must have enough supplies at your home to survive the period.

(SNIP) ... our best bet will be to self isolate from the public and other people. That means having enough food and supplies to “ride it out”. I’m not suggesting that it’s time to push the panic button yet, but I’m using this current event as an excuse to push the notion of preemptive food storage. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Quarantine”