Frugal Candle Stove

You can make so many different 'stoves' and 'ovens' to heat your foods or cook your meals. Look here and get ready to be creative!
Readymom
Site Admin

Frugal Candle Stove

Post by Readymom »

Image Disclaimer: Author assumes no responsibility for the manufacture or use of this stove. Follow all safety instructions for candle use, as per the candle manufacturer's instructions. Never leave a burning candle unattended! Use only with proper ventilation, not in a drafty or windy area. Keep out of reach of children and pets. Keep away from curtains, clothing, hair, paper, and any other flammable objects. Wire grate, pan, and pan's contents will be hot!

NOTE: If I needed to do this, I would NOT do this, the way the author did this. I would put the candles in a LARGE metal pot, put a cooling rack over the top of the pot and use it that way. This way does NOT look SAFE at all!

Variation on a Theme: Candle Stove
https://patverettosfrugalliving.blogspot.com/2007/09/variation-on-theme-candle-stove.html

After discovering this Tea Time Candle Stove, I wanted to make one to see how well it would work, but of course, I'm too cheap to run out and buy tea lights and corks, so I scrounged around the house and came up with some alternatives. I'm pleased to report that the open candle stove worked very well. Here's how the experiment went: ---CONTINUED---
Readymom
Site Admin

Post by Readymom »

This could also be a great way to use Sterno fuels! Also, if you want to keep something realtively small warm, this could also be an option. Just remember to have a LOT of candles/sterno on hand for this method! -k
Reese

Post by Reese »

Readymom & I were out shopping today for supplies to make these. We were at Home Depot and came across lumber that is perfect for these. The lumber was in a bin and had GREEN painted on the ends. The lumber has some imperfections, like large knots or maybe small digs in wood, or bowed. But for a 1 inch x 4 inch 4 foot length it was 51 cents! We looked thru the bin for the best pieces and bought 6 boards. Enough to make 9 frames.
GREAT BUY!

I had been out last week and didn't see this bin and bought a 6 foot length board for $5.25
The 6 foot length was enough to make 2 frugal stove frames, plus 1 - 8 inch left over piece.

Readymom also made another great find. The frugal stove requires wire on top to support the pot for cooking. We had checked in Home Depot and couldn't find wire fencing or anything that would work. So we had decided we would just follow the suggestion of the instructions and use wire coat hangars. Tonight Readymom came up with a great solution...she found at Wal-mart cooling racks in the home dept. They fit perfectly over the frame and we will attach. The cooling racks were 2 to a pack and were $1.97.....another GREAT buy!

Return to “Home-Made Ideas”