Post subject: Darning-Fixing Socks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

Darning-Fixing Socks

SHTF Blog-are YOU Ready?

How to Extend Sock Life by Mending and Darning the Holes
http://www.shtfblog.com/how-to-extend-s ... the-holes/

By RANGER MAN on NOVEMBER 15, 2010

Image I contacted my survival sewing home girl, Julie Anne Eason of SeriousSewing.com and said, “Yo survival sewing home girl, can you dose me up with a survival sewing post on how to mend socks?”

While I thought the information might be of interest to some SHTF Blog readers, the request was really out of self-interest. You see, I looooove Smart Wool socks. They’re warm, comfy and SHTF stylish. I end up wearing them all the time, even around the house as slippers. But this heavy use of rather pricey socks means they don’t last as long as the cheaper socks that end up staying in my dresser most of the time. Consequently, more use means more wear, and the heels of the socks go first.

Looking to extend the socks’ life, and also to extend my money, I asked Julie Anne if she’d write a post for me. She was nice enough to oblige. Now all I need is a darning egg (stocking stuffer idea?), a little wool, needle, this blog post and I’m ready to sew up my survival socks! --- Continued at link, above --- With PHOTOS & Instructions ---

Offline Profile