Dental: When There is NO Dentist-What to Do

Readymom
Site Admin

Dental: When There is NO Dentist-What to Do

Post by Readymom »

SmileSavers

This covers various dental emergencies and what you can do at home. It is not intended to replace regular professional dental care. Pretty good list:

DENTAL EMERGENCY WHEN ALONE
http://www.drpetrosky.com/emergencies.htm

There is nothing worse than being on your honeymoon, in-flight, on a camping trip, or on a long car ride when it strikes -- an unrelenting toothache so severe you feel like you want to die. Knowing what to do can prevent major discomfort.
Fortunately, the chance of an unforeseen dental crisis can usually be prevented by early detection and treatment of dental disease. When dental disaster does strike (and it always seems to be at the most inopportune time), knowing how to alleviate the pain is invaluable information everyone can use. ---CONTINUED---

Includes:
  • Accidental Bitten Tongue/Lip
  • Blistered Lips
  • Loose Tooth-Children
  • Numbness Continues
  • Object Wedged Between Teeth
  • Pregnancy and Dental Problems
  • Save-A-tooth
  • Mouth Sores Cold Sore
  • Corner of the Mouth; Cracked and/or Sore
  • Soreness Inside Your Check
  • Swelling After a Dental Injection
  • Toothache
  • Tooth Knocked Out
  • tooth Pain-Non Dental Conditions That Can Cause
  • Tooth Knocked Out-Child's "Baby Tooth"
  • Tooth Pushed Out of Pace (Inward/Outward)
  • Tooth Sensitivity and Jaw Pain Upon Waking
  • Travel Dental Emergency Kit
  • What to Tell Your Dentist When You Call:
  • Wisdom Teeth-Pain From Back Behind a 'Back Tooth"
  • Yeast Infection
  • How to Make Your Own Dental Emergency Travel Kit
PLEASE NOTE: The information contained herein is intended for educational purposes only. It is not intended and should not be construed as the delivery of dental/medical care and is not a substitute for personal hands on dental/medical attention, diagnosis or treatment. Persons requiring diagnosis, treatment, or with specific questions are urged to contact your family dental/health care provider for appropriate care.

Edited for Copyright
Readymom
Site Admin

Crowns: Temporary Fix

Post by Readymom »

Originally posted by (inspirations) At Pandemic Flu Information Forum

Temporary Fix for Crowns
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line. But the info was good and we wanted to keep sharing it!

:?: I've had quite a few crowns done on my teeth, and the other day while flossing one of them popped off. I had to wait three days (over the weekend) until I could have someone put it back on. I was told by my dentist that these things "do" come loose and pop off.

What do you use and how do you use it if one of the crowns come off? Anybody know?

:arrow: (Argyll)
There are dental products that might help:

1. Dentemp

2. Refilit

These products help to temporarily cement filings, or in some cases crowns. Definitely might come in handy. I purchased both for my emergency kit. Also, clove oil can be used for dental pain. ( I purchaed mine at my local Pharmacist).
Readymom
Site Admin

No Dentist Available

Post by Readymom »

No Dentist Available

No dentist? Oh, no!
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/arnet75b.html

By Gary F. Arnet, D.D.S.

Enjoying lunch while looking out over the gorgeous view from your backcountry home, you bite down hard on a nut, hear a loud crack, and immediately feel excruciating pain from a broken tooth. Rare? No, it occurs all the time.

Dental emergencies can occur at home or in the wilderness without warning and can incapacitate a person in an instant. No problem, I'll get right over to the dentist, you think. Hopefully, that is possible, but not always. You may live some distance from a dentist, it may be a night or weekend when it is hard to find one, or there may not be any available.

One of the first things that stop during a disaster is dental care. Major natural disasters, such as earthquakes, fires, or floods, and human disasters, such as terrorism or riots, close dental offices in a second. Electrical shortages, as seen in California recently, or any disruption of the regional power grids and there is no help since dentists can't operate without electricity. Hospitals rarely have any dental services, so you could be on your own for hours or days.

Since dental first aid is rarely taught in first aid classes, information presented here is intended to help you in an emergency situation when no professional dental help is available. It is not intended to be a substitute for proper dental care. --- Continued at link, above ---

Includes:
  • Prevention
    Dental first aid kit
    Toothache
    Gingivitis
    Dental abscess
    Broken filling or lost crown
    Injuries to teeth
:arrow: CROSS-POSTED in Dental Kits thread.
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Dental: When There is NO Dentist-What to Do

Post by Readymom »

How to Survive a Dental Emergency ...
https://www.backdoorsurvival.com/how-to-survive-a-dental-emergency/

Most of us have made some provision for first aid care in the event of a disaster or other emergency. But how many of us have prepared for a dental emergency? Having an unexpected toothache, abscess or gum problem is something that indeed happens from time to time. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Dental”