Bait for Catching Fish

A significant disaster emergency could shut down your stores. You have a local water source nearby. Fishing could be a food-source for your family, but you have NEVER fished before. Help can be found here.
Readymom
Site Admin

Bait for Catching Fish

Post by Readymom »

Hat Tip: Image Silent Bob @ American Preppers Network

Fishing
* Link Unavailable. This site is no longer active and available to view on line.

A good way to attract fish to make a wire mesh basket and put some meat ( roadkill ) suspend it from a dock or branch over the water . The flies will lay their eggs and when the little larva start crawling and falling into the water the fish will be there ready to gobble them up .
A good turtle trap is to make a square frame from small logs and attach a wire mesh to the underside . Then drive nails into the logs so that the tips are facing inward and upward. The turtles will crawl on to the logs and can't get back into the water because of the nails .

Caution !! this is for extreme survival , and you should check with your local game warden before doing this. ( disclaimer over )
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Bait for Catching Fish

Post by Readymom »

Catch you Own Bait

Catch your own bait
http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/gresh91.html

By Gary Gresh

Expensive lures and pricey tackle shop baits can sometimes make fishing an expensive proposition, raising the cost of the intended fish fry to that of a gourmet dinner. So why not look at some of the cheaper alternatives—and they work just as well when no bait shop is around, or if you run out of bait. --- continued at link, above ---

Includes information on:
  • Worms
    Minnows
    Crawfish
    Larvae
    Amphibians
    Leeches, crickets, grasshoppers, and hellgramites
    Mealworms
Readymom
Site Admin

Re: Bait for Catching Fish

Post by Readymom »

How To Make Catfish Bait: My Grandfather’s Recipe
https://www.skilledsurvival.com/how-to-make-catfish-bait/

Bait for Catching Fish Catfish-Bait-c I want to share with you what I consider the best homemade catfish bait recipe.

My father taught me this recipe, and I’ve been using it ever since to catch some of the best catfish in my area.

Firstly though, I want to tell everyone that the two recipes I’m going to fill you in on are stink bait recipes.

Catfish stink bait recipes are ideal because everyone’s favorite fish seems to be so attracted to them.

Making catfish bait typically involves the mixing of several unrelated products (at least the ones shown in this article are) so, yes, it is going to smell awful. ---CONTINUED---

Return to “Fishing”